ddd-d-d-d-drrrop it.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What sport tells us about life.

What sport tells us about life by Ed Smith.

I'll come back to this post now and then... Keep reading. Inda rugi :)

14/10/2009 14:32 - "We see what we want to see when we watch sport. The angry fan finds tribal belonging; the pessimist sees steady decline and fall; the optimist hails progress in each innovation; the symphathetic soul feels every blow and disappointment; the rationalist wonders how the haze of illogical thinking endures" xiv

- "Sport is full of statistics, prejudices, perspectives and historicalchanges - the unavoidable stuff of life." xiv

- " 'The Ultimate of Human Effort' stated that the quickest mile everpossible was 4:01:6 and anything faster than that was beyond humancapacity". xiv

- "Some even thought that running that fast was dangerous, perhapslethal" xiv

- "We all like a gracious exit. However, Zidane left us scratching ourheads." 28

- "I find myself in a comfortable position and I don't feel happy aboutit. I feel it is right to slow down, but something inside of me,something very strong, pushes me on, makes me try to beat..myself. Itis..an enormous desire to go further and further, to travel beyond myown limits." Aryton Senna." P. 35